selecting multiple criteria returning headers

happy_smiler1

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
office 365
Hello Guru's

From the example spreadsheet attached, I have tried using index and match, if statements, but to no avail, or maybe im missing something, but what im hoping to create is from the attached I havent included drop down menus, but I wanted to return the heading "contract term 1 etc.... if specific criteria were met from the drop down menu's.

Can anyone help please......

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    7.7 KB · Views: 22
And with what criteria? not clear with you desired results

Hi, thanks for your reply, I'm trying to return the headers when the user selects a painter from a drop down box, but if the data is blank then it will return a blank result, e.g. user selects painter 2 this will return all the column headers for painter 2.

Thanks

Maybe this help, please see the file

Attachments

• Book1 (10).xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 16
Hi,

Many thanks for the reply, it works like a treat, you are awesome, however, if i wanted to return the data rather than the column header, but use the drop down box and the column headers as the lookups, would I just use a standard index and match function even if there are blanks using the spreadsheet you have attached?

Thanks

Deleted Post

Last edited:
Yep done, I think you cant' use regular INDEX and MATCH, specially you have merged cell as criteria, thats painful for formula you know... please see attach file

Regards
Rizky

Attachments

• Book1 (10).xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 17
Back