Menu containing galleries and menu separators

VABob

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a menu element that works like the Column or Line selections in Excel's "Insert" tab where a set of galleries or buttons are organized into sub-categories with headers above each category, but I have been unable to make it work.

When I use the Menu element, I can add a MenuSeparator that creates the category headings, but if I then try to add a gallery under the separator, it shows up to the right of the menu (like a sub-menu) rather than under the separator.

Is there any way to organize galleries within a Menu like Excel does throughout its Ribbon?

Thanks!

Hi there, and welcome to the forum,

I've modified one of the examples from the RibbonX book, and the result I'm getting is exactly what you're seeing.

11-28-2011 11-24-31 PM.jpg

If I recall correctly on this, this is one of the aspects that MS could do that we can't. One of my co-authors wrote this chapter of the book though, so I'll ping him and see if I'm off base on that.

(Sample file is attached, just so I don't have to re-create it later.)

Attachments

• 191118 ch08 Excel - Galleries.xlsm
    378.4 KB · Views: 383
Thanks for the fast reply, Ken. Interestingly Excel uses that formatting all over the place in their Ribbons, but that would at least explain why I haven't been able to make that work.

I look forward to hearing from your co-author. Your book has been extremely helpful, by the way!

Back