Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.excelguru.ca
Excel Version(s)
Excel Office 365 Insider
Hey guys,

I'm curious what software you all use for managing project timelines. We're just ramping up into a massive budget cycle here (3 months from start to finish), and we have to present a budget schedule to our asset manager. For years I've been using an Excel spreadsheet (what else) to manage this, but I hate it.

I've toyed with the idea of using Project, even attempting to put it in once or twice, but found it so tedious to work with that I ended up going back to Excel.

Does anyone have a favourite software for managing project timelines and deadlines? Is it Excel? Just curious to see what others are doing...

I've been looking for something for inhouse and outside consultant coordination. Need consultants to provide schedules/budgets for projects/tasks and update progress...etc. And, need access control so different consulting companies can't see a other consulting company's stuff or BI that our company forbids sharing. Want to do via sharepoint, but alot of work if don't buy addons like bamboo and company doesn't like to much sharepoint functionality on our servers accessible by people outside company. Frustrating.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Back