Data refresh from an olap cube

happy_smiler1

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
office 365
Hello guru's,

Im abit confused about olap cubes, or data cubes, is there a way of refreshing data that has been taken out of a cube in excel? Basically what im trying to learn is i know that an olap cube is a pivot table in excel and that you can quickly extract data from it, however, when i extract data from it, i would like it so that it automatically updates the data, so essentially like having a drop down box with options, once you click an option it will pull it from the cube, then every week or month, to change say a date and it will automatically refresh the pivot table and the data.

Hope its not confusing.

Hope to hear from the best soon.

Regards. :)

Is this a SSAS cube or PowerPivot? What version of Excel?

Is this a SSAS cube or PowerPivot? What version of Excel?

Hi Bob,

Its excel 07, so its not a powerpivot, i've seen how good power pivots are and only wish i could use it, but its just an olap cube, i dont really know anymore than that to be honest, it connects to a database server. I dont think its an SSAS cube?

Thanks

Shame though isn't it, as soon as someone mentions cross-posting, or I spot it, I completely lose interest in the thread. Excelforum jump on them, we ignore them, so it is not what you might call smart.

Back