View RSS Feed

Site Stuff

Stuff about the ExcelGuru Site

1. Site Performance

Over the past few months, I've been getting an ever increasing number of emails from my site with errors due to overloading. Fortunately my friend Simon is really good with websites, and is very helpful too, so I've been able to put in some changes that I hope will fix things.

I think it's fair to say that I'm pretty accomplished with Excel, but man... websites are a different matter. Every day I touch this stuff I realize how little I know. Granted, I'm learning all the time, but ...
    Categories
    Site Stuff
  2. What's been happening here...

It's been (quite) a while since my last blog post, but things have been very busy here. Since June there's been a lot of developments here, and a lot of milestones have come and gone. It's odd actually, looking back at how big these were...

In early June I kicked off the process of incoporating a new busines, and by mid June Excelguru Consulting Inc was officially born as a formal and living company! When I started this endeavour, I never would have expected to get to this stage, and ...
    Categories
    Site Stuff
  3. Web Stats

Today Christoper Fennell of Excel and Access asked about web stats, so just took a quick look at mine. Due to a change in tracking back in October I had to estimate, but based on traffic from Jan 1 - now, annualized assuming no growth, ExcelGuru.ca sees:

• 337,000 visitors per year
    • 279,000 of those visitors are unique
    • 552,000 page views per year

Wow! I didn't realize that it had grown up that high!

It will be interesting to look back at the end of the ...
    Categories
    Site Stuff
  4. Looking Back Over 5 Years

A few years ago I worked with Steve French of Infomatix on time managment techniques. One of the things we talked about was getting into a daily goal setting habit, with a key point of that being reviewing the previous days goals. It was an important point that you need to recognize that you have had success to pump you up to challenge the next goal. Helps you recharge your batteries in a way.

Since that time I've slipped in and out of the system, (just being honest,) but every time ...
    Categories
    Site Stuff
  5. Excelguru e-Learning catalog online!

Hey everyone,

For those following on Twitter and Facebook, you are no doubt already aware that last week I released some e-Learning courses online. For those of you who don't follow me there, surprise!

I've pulled together a package that consists of a 1 hour video (1024*768 resolution so you can actually SEE the content) as well as all the example files and a full e-Book that shows how to replicate the video content. The first course is called "The Magic of PivotTables", ...
    Categories
    Site Stuff
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast