Auction Totals for each bidder.

Jnines

Reaction score
Have excel sheet sorted by bidder number. (col. J). want to pull out all bidder numbers that match, and add their $ (col. K) then put that total in Col. L. I'm rather new at this and can't figure out formula. Can someone help?

Can you provide what version of Excel are you running ?

If you are running Excel 2007 take a look and see if this is what you need to do. This has macro code , so you will need to enable macros if you have macros disabled. Enter you some sample ID's and then click the Create Unique List button.

If you need 2003 .xls file let me know

Attachments

• Auction_ID.xlsm
    70 KB · Views: 25
It appears that a SUMIF function will suit your requirements. Have a look at the description and examples provided here.

If you are running Excel 2007 take a look and see if this is what you need to do. This has macro code , so you will need to enable macros if you have macros disabled. Enter you some sample ID's and then click the Create Unique List button.

If you need 2003 .xls file let me know
Thanks so much for your help. I ran the formula you posted, but it gave me an error. I am using Excel 2010 from Office package. I am going to post the file and see if that will help explain what I am trying to do.

Attachments

• BID SAMPLE 3 sheet.xls
    413.5 KB · Views: 14
Your instructions were kind of confusing (for me at least:)) based on how your sheet is layed out, so i took a guess at what you are looking to do. Changes can be made if this is close.

Attachments

• Auction_Bidders.xlsx
    137.5 KB · Views: 31
Your instructions were kind of confusing (for me at least:)) based on how your sheet is layed out, so i took a guess at what you are looking to do. Changes can be made if this is close.

Yes this is exactly what I am trying to do. I would like if possible to add an extra line after the '2' bidder and put total for '2' right after their bid wins, and extra line after each bidder's for their total./ Just, so for anyone looking at printed list won't be confused about which bidder's total that is.
:) Thank you SO much for helping me with this. All the funds from this auction are going towards taking care of homeless and needy animals in our county. If you are an animal lover, you will have helped many.

Great !! and yeah i am an animal lover... glad that this will help in some small way. If you will post a file with some demo data showing the changes you want to add i'll see what i can do.

Back