Select one option, flash tab

ExcelHelpPls

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello,
I am looking for some help regarding a couple issues. The first, I have a form where there are several options which can be selected and require different fields to be submitted based on the selection. Is there a way to express these fields are required more than with data validation highlighting them based on the selected value?
The second issues, how can I make a tab flash or become highlighted if a choice is selected. For example, someone chooses choice B, I would like Tab B to flash or become highlighted to alert the user they must move to that tab next.

Referring to the first issue, another solution could be to create a message box with VBA depending on the selection of a cell where if Cell a1 = "Form3" then beforeclosing the worksheet a message box will pop up to remind users to go to tab 3.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome
please post a sample sheet ( Go advanced - Manage attachments) with some data and expected results
Thx

Unfortunately, I cannot save down the form. I'll try and explain a better way.

So in cell B3 I have a dropdown list. If "option 2" is selected I would like worksheet 2 to become highlighted or for a msg box to pop up to remind the user to fill out worksheet 2 and it would be ideal if this could pop up asking the user if they have completed that form and allow them to save if they have.

Currently, this is the VBA I have
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
     If MsgBox("Check to make sure highlighted fields are filled in - Selecting Yes will Save workbook", _
             vbQuestion + vbYesNo) = vbNo Then
         Cancel = True
     End If
 End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the validation in the B3 drop down ?
What sheet is this B3 on ?
What are the names of all the rest of the sheets in the workbook ?

Back