Offset & Match Formula + Sum Formula

PraveshG81

Reaction score
Hello,

In column D (of the Results tab) I am trying to sum the values of the first 3 columns only when the first 3 columns are not empty. As you will note, the first 3 columns in this tab (Results) have Offset/Match formulas.

The point of the Results tab is that when i export the data into the Raw tab, the column order can possibly change. Thus, i use the offset/match function in the Results tab to find information for a specific column regardless of where it is located in the Raw tab.

Can someone tell me why my formula of =IF(AND(A2="",B2="",C2=""),"",A2+B2+C2) gives me a #VALUE whenever Column A, B, C (in Results tab), have a value? It should simply be adding the columns and giving me a total!

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Book1.xls
    136 KB · Views: 68
The "" results are text strings, and Excel will not add them to a number. Give this a try:

Code:
=IF(AND(A2="",B2="",C2=""),"",SUM(A2:C2))

or,

Code:
=IF(AND(A2="",B2="",C2=""),"",SUM(A2,B2,C2))

The SUM function will ignore text.

Cheers,

Thank you for this. Should I change my OffSet/Match function so number in the result tab comes in as numbers? If so, how should I change it?

It appears that you've already set the cells to display a percentage (if one is provided), so if my solution is working for you, then you probably don't need to make any further changes. I suppose it would depend on what you ultimately intend to do from this point forward.

Cheers,

Back