Help with Formulas on Conditional Values

Flashiel

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
excel 2007
Hello, i'm analyzing data for my business right now and my Excel skills are not sharp enough to perform what i want to do. I examine a huge amount of data but i've selected only 40 cells in this example to keep it simple. Here is the data im looking at right now;

table.jpg
I want to analyze each value of the B column and compare it to columns B to E that are located on its row or 2 rows above it. so, starting with B11, i would like that B11 cell to be highlighted in green if it meet my criteria, or red if it does not.
The criteria for B11 is; B11 has to be less than [(the Maximum of B9:E11) - 1]

in my chart, the value for B11 is 6. and the maximum of B9:E11 is 9 . 9 minus 1 is 8. 6 is less than 8 which meets my criteria so i manually wrote "green" in G11 but i would like Excel to automatically highlight B11 in green.

for B10, i only want to compare it with B8:E10. so B10 has to be less than [(the Maximum of B8:E10) - 1]

Value for B10 is 5, and the maximum of B8:E10 is 7. 7 minus 1 is 6. 5 is less than 6 which also meets my criteria so i manually wrote "green" in G10....and so on.

B9 would be compared to B7:E9

im sure somebody could help me :)

Rule 08: Cross-posting Without Links

Your post does not comply with our Forum RULES. Do not cross-post your question on multiple forums without telling us about your threads on other forums.

Post a link to any other forums where you have asked the same question.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Expect cross-posted questions without a link to be closed and a message will be posted by the moderator explaining why. We are here to help so help us to help you!

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).

No further help to be offered, please, until the OP has complied with this request.

Back