Blank Lines After Filtering Pivot Table

rosetc16

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2016
For the sake of presentation, I like when my entire sheet is filled with white. When filtering pivot tables (say there is a total of 10 lines in the pivot table, but when you filter, it will show the 5 rows that still remain), those rows change from being filled with white to having no fill (showing lines for the cells). Is there a way to make sure that the sheet stays white at all times regardless of the rows being filtered in the pivot table? Thanks!

Rose consider sending file with fictitious data, its a 5 second fix if I can see the actual problem and takes humungously longer if its all conceptual

Thank you so much for your help! I've attached an example. Basically if you click all the slicers, you will see that the whole workbook shows up as a white fill, but when you slice/filter it down to one of the types (i.e. green, yellow, red), then those cells go from all white to no fill. Once again, thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Example.xlsx
    17.8 KB · Views: 17
Rose

Here you go. 2 things seems looks like your file is corrupted so just grabbed raw data and saved it into another workbook. Secondly use contl + T to place all raw data into a table format, so much easier to work with when using pivot tables

And remember always send sample data as most of these issues take about 60 seconds to address assuming we can see the data and structure

Knock 'em dead Tiger!

Attachments

• Temp Example2.xlsm
    16.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Thank you so much. Sorry for the issues with the document. It looks fixed, but I'm not sure how you did it. How did you make sure the cells stay filled with all white? Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see an explanation on how you fixed that. Thanks.

Back