Format Days in Column

beexcellent

Reaction score
I also have similar question. I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight the entire column of that day yellow. The formula seems to work imperfectly.
schedule.jpg

Here is the formula I'm using:
formula.jpg

Thanks everyone in advance.

Change =F$1=TODAY() to =F1=TODAY()?

Thanks Bob, However that didn't work.
I tried:
=$F$1=today() - This worked, however, when I use format painter to duplicate the formula to the 2nd column. The entire 2nd column highlighted as if it was today. But it's not.

I also tried:
=F1=today() this didn't also work.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Telling us it doesn't work really doesn't help. Showing it to us not working helps a little. What you have not yet done is told us what you actually want the rule to do.

That is what happens when you use merged cells. As Ali said, post a sheet ( no pics please) so we can see what can be done. ( Try unmerging first)

My apologies!
I'm new to using forums so I do not know all the rules.
The attached is the file I'm working on. Whichevery day today falls in, I would like to make that entire day highlighted in yellow. But I'm obviously doing something wrong. Please advise.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
You still aren't really helping us. You were given this (we've moved on in days now):

=$L$4=TODAY()

and it highlights the whole of the day, as you have just said you want, but earlier you said that it also highlighted the second column, which you say you don't want, yet the file attached shows just that. You are going to need to manually shade the cells to show us what you want.

If you are expecting only one half of the merged cells to be highlighted, then you are on a hiding to nothing - that's never going to heppen.

Is this what you want? Note the slightly different Applies to ranges.
Capture3.jpg

Back