How to write Multiple conditions in a dashboard

Dany

Reaction score
Hello Experts,

This may take some of your time as it has taken quite a bit of my time with no result. Which is why i post this question here.
Apologies for the vague question.

I am working on a Dashboard that displays the status of employees who have finished it.

Excel has 2 Tabs

1. Dash Board.
2. Look up tables.

1. Dashboard
we have Employee and Their Year and whether Employee has passed the course.

I am trying to build a Dashboard functionality in 'Status'.

Criteria is:

For START, SPEED, LAUNCH:
IF employee falls under Year '2014 START', '2014 SPEED', '2014 LAUNCH', '2015 START', '2015 SPEED', '2015 LAUNCH', then check for Look up 'table A'
If Employee does not have any mandatory or Optional Certificates, then Write 'N/A'
If employee has Passed All Mandatory Certificates (from Look up table A) + passed one of the optional Certificates then Write 'OK'.
If employee has not passed All Mandatory certificates + not passed one of the optional Certificates then Write 'Not OK'.

If Employee Falls Under Year '2016 START', '2016 SPEED', '2016 LAUNCH' then we need to calculate differently.
If Employee does not have any mandatory or Optional Certificates, then Write 'N/A'.
If employee has Passed All Mandatory Certificates from Look up table A + Secures the Minimum points required from Look up Table B then Write 'OK.
If employee has not Passed All Mandatory Certificates from Look up table A + does not Secure the Minimum points required from Look up Table B then Write 'Not OK.
(Course Vs Points is listed in Look up table c)

For 'START & SPEED Completed':
IF 'START & SPEED' are OK then write 'OK' If not 'Not OK'.
If nothing is there, then write 'N/A'

For Course completed
IF 'START & SPEED & Launch' are 'OK' then write 'OK' If not 'Not OK'.
If nothing is there, then write 'N/A'

Huge thanks!

Best Regards,
D.

Attachments

• Dashboard.xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 30
I cannot see any attempt by you to solve this in the attachment. In order to troubleshoot your work, we need to see the formulae you have tried and an explanation of how they are giving the wrong results. As it is, you are asking us to do the whole thing for you. This comment:

This may take some of your time as it has taken quite a bit of my time ...

suggests that you are expecting someone to craft an entire solution for you. At the very least you need to add in some expected outcomes.

Remember, this is a help forum manned by volunteers. :)

Hello, I can Understand it is natural that you may have got that impression.

My Excel formula knowledge is limited such as using basic formulas.

it is a quite a dashboard and I have only made an example with the component I have troubles with. I don't know how come you got to the impression that you can see any attempt by me unless you have some JD powers. I have spend lot of time and I am still on it.. posted this question with the hope of being able to learn something.

have a good day..

Back