Excel Spreadsheet - Help

r00190019

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am to set up a business which provides birthday planning services for parents of small children.

The task is to develop a Microsoft Excel based flexible financial/costing model to provide parents a quick and easy way to manage invitations and attendees and hence cost the party based on relevant criteria required for each party, such as:

* The number of attendees

* The food provided

* Optional extras

I can use complete flexibility to make it as creative or as complex as I want. But it should use at least one formula in excel

I also need to consider all aspects of costs and financial considerations, using a formula based spreadsheet.

I’m thinking the spreadsheet should allow parents to input number of attendees and automatically calculate the food, optional extras depending on what the parents put in, what do you think? So at this point number of attendees will be blank until a parent opens the spreadsheets puts it in, at which point the calculations will automatically take place

I have the following details at the moment:

Optional Extras:

Decorations

Cake

Tables/Chairs

Candles

Bouncy Castle

Cups

Plates

Drinks

Orange Juice

Apple Juice

Water

Foods

Pizza Slices

French Fries

Veggie Sandwich

Chicken Sandwich

Nachos

Is someone able to help in what sort of layout I could put this in Excel, and how best it would be to input formulas-or your way of doing this?

Thanks

Hi and welcome
Please,do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).

Is this a student homework or project assignment?

This is part of my project, and self teaching myself formulas but require some assistance.
Thanks

Back