PDA

View Full Version : VLOOKUP Head Scratcher



DPChristman
2017-03-30, 04:04 PM
I have an odd situation.

One of my forms contains a VLOOKUP to a spreadsheet containing employee information.

Enter the employee ID #, and the employee information is automatically populated.

This is repeated about 10 times on the form, so you can enter the employee ID for up to 10 people, and have it populate the data

The spreadsheet that the VLOOKUP pulls from is on a shared network drive.

The problem is a strange one.

Some of my users are reporting that when they enter the employee ID, it populates for the first few employees, then starts giving an #N/A message for the others.

I had them send me the format they were working on. Although they were receiving the #N/A message in the auto-pop fields, everything was populated normally when I opens the form.

Important note, I am not directly connected to the corporate server. I am connecting through a VPN (I work from home), just like they do. yet, I have no problems.

I have examined, and re-examined the formulas, and they all work correctly.

I thought that this may be related to the fact that the users also use an air card to connect to the internet, but I am told this happens whether they are on air card, hard wired or wireless.

All constants are in place, and the format works fine for me. They tell me that they are clicking on Enable Content when they open the file, so that is not the issue.


I am baffled. Any thoughts?

x-posted on mrexcel

Hercules1946
2017-03-30, 10:34 PM
Although they were receiving the #N/A message in the auto-pop fields, everything was populated normally when I opens the form.



Firstly, you should post an actual link to the thread in Mr Excel, as well as posting a proper link to this thread on the Mr Excel forum.
You can't expect members to search other forums trying to find your post in order to see if a solution has been found.
I understand most of what your saying, apart from what Ive shown in the quote above. To resolve a problem like this, it would be necessary to look at
the workbooks including any associated links, so you yourself are in the best position to do it.
I suggest taking a look at the VLOOKUPS through the Evaluate formula facility and try to pinpoint the error. It does sound like a problem with the dimensions
of the table array that the function is using, but without the necessary visibility Im only guessing.