PDA

View Full Version : Calculate() with filter() not respecting the current filter context - - need Help plz

hafiz_asim@hotmail.com
2017-03-25, 07:05 PM
Hello

Attached is my data model, I need percentage next to my figures for each year as shown in manual excel working along with pivot table. I wrote couple of calculate() with filter in it, didn't figure it out how could i achieve the desired result from created measures? please help.

Regards,

Ed Kelly
2017-03-26, 03:59 AM
Not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve (do not get the co-mingling of Revenue and costs?) however based on what I think you think you want have attached 4 PVT, the last PVT is Your proj cost base as a % o total Rev for that proj (which makes more sense as we are not co-mingling costs and Revs) in addition I have added a profit/loss for each proj on final. Let me know

Knock 'em dead Tiger!

hafiz_asim@hotmail.com
2017-03-26, 07:59 AM
Dear Ed Kelly,
Thanks for your response, you got it right and your working is the exactly what was required. However I was just curious to achieve the same with measures.
Thanks once again, and will appreciate if we can achieve this with measures.
Regards,

Ed Kelly
2017-03-26, 01:15 PM
Hafiz, Not sure when you say measures, exactly what that is. Send me across something and will take a quick look, also flag which tab on my last workbook you might work with and will attempt to work "Measures" in.

hafiz_asim@hotmail.com
2017-03-27, 06:45 AM
Dear Ed Kelly,

Sheet 3 (4) is the desired outcome , regarding measures i meant calculated field, go to power pivot and in calculation area you will find measures, have a look at some i have already worked on.

Regards,