Need to send mail to filtered people

veer81

Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I'm going to explain this as best as I can and hope I make sense. :)

I have an excel workbook which is a result of a sports survey I conducted. It basically shows who likes which sport, what level they're at, preferred time of play, etc, and their email address.

A colleague has created a type of form (using formulas, not VBA) wherein you select your criteria (Sport, Gender, Level etc) and it displays the matching names.

What I'd like is to be able to select, via a check box or similar, 1 or more names from the list of results for that sport, click a button, and their addresses automatically open in a new Outlook mail window for the person to send a mail to those people.

This is an internal work thing, so everyone uses Outlook.

Hope that makes sense, and I really appreciate any help you can offer.
Note that I'm not an excel whiz at all, so would really need help from scratch.

Thanks! :)

Hi there,

I'll get back to this later tonight, but it shouldn't be difficult to implement.

Some things I need to know from you:
  • What columns hold what? If you can click Reply, then Go Advanced, you can attach a sample workbook (use fake data) so that I can see what type of data is in each column.
  • Is the report on just one sheet, or do you need this facility on multiple sheets? What is the name of the sheet it's on?
I think that's all I need. :)

Back