Receive error when attempting to update

ggraham74

Reaction score
I export data from SAP as a text file.  I transform the data into a usable format and load into a forecast model.  Data comes from SAP with dates as column headers which I unpivot under a column I create called Date. Unfortunately, when I pull the next weeks data, the dates change which causes an error (Column not found) when I attempt to refresh. Is there a way to account for a changing column header that contains a date?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi there,

So what I might do to avoid this is the following:
-Create your main query to the data source, and demote the headers so that they become row one of the data set. This will give you columns named "Column1, Column2" etc.. Let's call this query "Data Source"

-Create a new query by referencing the "Data Source" and keep the top row only. Call this query "Headers"

-Create another new query by referencing the "Data Source" query. Remove row 1 and do the rest of the actions that you need to do. Call this query "Data"

-Create a new query by referencing "Headers" and append "Data". Then promote the top row and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps,

Back