Number of tables in Navigator limited to 10,000. Edit Query does not pass values back

flattencube

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi, I am new to Power Query and Office 2010 SP1 with Power Query 2.40. I am browsing a database schema with 20,000+ tables. In the Power Query Navigator, the list of tables preview stops at 10,000 and the filter bar at the top seems to be filtering within the 10,000 set instead of the whole list of tables. The table I am looking for is beyond the 10,000 preview list of tables.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I click on the schema and use "Edit" in the Navigator pane, I am able to find and select the table that I am looking. However, when I "Close and Load" or use "Load to", Power Query returns the data results for the list of table names instead of passing the selected table back to the "Navigator" pane.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am looking for how to use Power Query to find the table out of 20,000, select it, and then run a query panel on the selected table. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.[/FONT]

This is not ideal, but have you tried loading the list of tables to Power Query, then doing your filtering down to the table you want in the preview window? I know that it won't show initially, but when you click the filter icon inside the editor, there should an option to "Load more".

Alternately, you could "Remove top 10,000 rows" then do a filter inside the editor.

Again, not ideal, but may get you past the issue...

Can you click any table in the visible list and then go into the advanced editor and change the table name?

Back