Master Sheet with summary of info from tables in other sheets

sujinv

Reaction score
I have a lot of spreadsheets (50+), each with various product codes, unit cost, quantity, total cost and date on which these products are to be ordered. Each spreadsheet will have a project name associated.

Project XYZ
Product CodeQuantityUnit CostTotal CostDate of order
ABC123105050030.01.2017
DEF456106060030.05.2017

I need a master sheet with a summary of all these info. I want to know how much will be the cost incurred on a particular date/month for purchases with a break up. Hoping to get help soon.

Many Thanks,
Sujin

Copy range from multiple sheets into master sheet - with VBA

I need a master sheet with a summary of all these info.
I am a long time ago should have something similar. Here's an example, (if it helps you).
Attached file contain VBA code

Attachments

• sujinv-navic7168.xls
    56 KB · Views: 16
Get all data from multiple sheets to one sheet

This example is perhaps better, see attached file

Attachments

• sujinv-navic7168-2.xlsm
    26.9 KB · Views: 17
Details of requirement

This example is perhaps better, see attached file

Hi Navic,

I'm so happy to get a response so fast. Thanks a lot.

But I think I did not explain my requirement properly. I want my master sheet to tell me, on 'n'th date my cash outflow should be X amount. Also, all these sheets will be in different work books in different folders. I want the master sheet to update the content automatically if I make a change in the individual sheets. For example, if I change quantity of a product or date of order in individual sheet the change should happen in master sheet as well.

Can this be done?

-Sujin

Also, all these sheets will be in different work books in different folders. I want the master sheet to update the content automatically if I make a change in the individual sheets.
It is already possible database.
I think you need to give much more information for a final solution. Also, I think you need someone to do it programmed in VBA?
But it's a sizable job (my opinion)
I doubt that this can be solved using only formula. (Multiple folders, multiple workbooks, multiple sheets)?

Maybe you should seek help and solve using Access.
regards and good luck

I have arrived at two pivot tables for two sample projects. Can I merge data in these two tables to a new table which will be autoupdated? Direct linking and summing up will be a tedious task as I have lot of tables like this. Also, I need to get rid of "<04-01-2017" kinda things from my table.

Project 1
Row LabelsSum of Cost
<04-01-2017
<04-01-2017
(blank)0
Jan229397
Feb3981
May1152
Aug6704
Dec4713
Grand Total245947
Project 2
Row LabelsSum of Cost
<04-01-20170
Jan211751.41
Feb
03-Feb9800
23-Feb117024
Mar86681
May4400
Grand Total429656.41

I have arrived at two pivot tables for two sample projects. Can I merge data in these two tables to a new table…
Yes. But it will need macros (vba)

…which will be autoupdated?
Yes, asl long as you can easily point to the files concerned (are they named in a particular way, or are they all in the one folder)?

Direct linking and summing up will be a tedious task as I have lot of tables like this.
Yes, it will indeed, using pivot tables is the way to go.

Also, I need to get rid of "<04-01-2017" kinda things from my table.
We can but try.

What you need to provide is samples of the data files, say 3, and one extra file where you have used a pivot table to summarise data so that we know the kind of thing you want to see.

Sample Sheets

Hi p45cal, thanks for your reply.

I have attached three sample data sheets and a master sheet where I need all consolidated information. The format of master sheet can be anything, but i need data with the same detail. I'm sure we can do it using macros and pivots even though I'm yet to get the break through.

All these sheets will be placed in different adjacent folders for each project. And the master sheet will be in same disk but different location.

Attachments

• Master Sheet.xlsx
    8.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Sample 1.xlsm
    21.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Sample 2.xlsm
    18.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Sample 3.xlsm
    19 KB · Views: 9
This is a start.
Put the attached in any location you want.
Put your 3 Sample files from your last message each in its own folder by itself (for the time being - the code needs refining) but those folders all themselves in the same higher folder (this higher folder is the one you'll select when you click the button on sheet9 of the attached).
Again, for the time being, don't alter anything on the sheets in the attached, but examine the pivot table and formula solutions before clicking the button (which if things are not correctly set up will screw up the sheets).
It works by querying the Sample files (not opening them). It expects to see a table called projectdata in each file (the same as you have supplied them).
I've used the file name as the project name in the absence of any other project name.

Attachments

• Master Sheetb.xlsm
    42.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thank you p45cal.

Delete as appropriate:
That was fine
That was rubbish

Back