Change the 4 digit year in date to 2 digit

smd747

Reaction score
I have been searching and looking for a way up front to import and keep the two digit year 12/16/16 instead of when imported it comes in 12/16/2016
I then have to create custom columns and convert
Code:
Date.ToText([Start], "MM/d/yy")

for all my date fields.

Am I missing something, I can't seem to find anything on line or in reference books for keeping the 2 digit date when importing.

Is there a one step approach or do I have to continue the two step by creating a column and using
Code:
Date.ToText([Start], "MM/d/yy")

Thanks

There is a step called "Change Type" on the right side. Select that then right click the column and choose to change it to Text (or delete the step entirely).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solved Solution found

There is a step called "Change Type" on the right side. Select that then right click the column and choose to change it to Text (or delete the step entirely).

That did it Ken, thanks that was driving me nuts. I have your book M is for Data Monkey, great book! I did not find solution in it to change 4 digit date year to two digit date year. I was asking wrong question

Never thought to "Change Type" or search this when I did it changed to import date with two digit. Brilliant, thanks for the solution

Thank You

Back