conditional formatting to highlight two months before a 17th birthday

mufti

Reaction score
can anyone help please? i'm trying to use conditional formatting to highlight 2 months before a 17th birthday, and to flag up when overdue (see attached for formulas I've used) but i can't get theconditional formatting to work when it's overdue - many thanks

Attachments

• birthday formatting.xlsx
    23.8 KB · Views: 17
See conditional formatting in attached.
There's only row 6 of the sheet which fulfils the criteria today.

Attachments

• ExcelGuru6975birthday formatting.xlsx
    24.8 KB · Views: 14
thank you! am i right that row 6 should change colour as the only overdue - in manage rules for conditional formatting it's red but it doesn't show red when i open the spreadsheet? =$B$4:$G$47,$B$53:$G$67,$B$77:$G$81 this is formula i see...

What are you trying to Flag? If today is between the 17th birthday and the dfate before that or that the 17th birthday is past ?

thank you! am i right that row 6 should change colour as the only overdue - in manage rules for conditional formatting it's red but it doesn't show red when i open the spreadsheet? =$B$4:$G$47,$B$53:$G$67,$B$77:$G$81 this is formula i see...
Well, you opened it today 14th November, 2016; that row's birthday has since passed. I refer you to pecoflyer's question in post #4.

need to flag two thngs - first a flag two months before 17th birthday, second when 17th birthday is overdue - thanks!

see attached.

Attachments

• ExcelGuru6975birthday formatting.xlsx
    24.8 KB · Views: 10
Back