Drop down menu with pictures placed into another cell

txjackknife

Reaction score
I have an excel form with drop down menu with peoples names and I want to click on a name and have it add their jpeg signature in a cell above. I have tried to research some code on here but cannot figure out how to make it work.

Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

I have attached a copy of the excel file.

Thanks in advance for any help!

View attachment COR-01.zip

Don't get your hopes up, but .... Can you lead me through what I'm supposed to do here. On sheet 1, you have columns A & B with names and picture references (1-3). However, the "corresponding" pictures are called Picture 2, 3 & 4.

Assuming that's okay, what am I (as the user) supposed to do ?

misi01,

Sorry about my explanation, I am clearly pretty clueless about how to achieve this. I really don't care about how it is formatted. My attempt as shown on the attachment didn't work.

Basically, I am just trying to find a way to insert signatures (JPEG images) above the typed names that are pulled from the drop down menus on the first two pages. So when I select a name from the drop down menu it will automatically insert the correct signature JPEG in the cell above.

I don't know if this is possible or not but would really be helpful.

Thanks

Howdy,
See if this version of your file works for you.

Attachments

• COR-01.zip
    298.5 KB · Views: 358
Joe - your zipped file seems to be password protected. (Have been struggling with this - it's quiet at work - in a self-education process, it'll be interesting to see your solution)

It shouldn't be - I certainly didn't add one to it, not does it ask me for one when I download it again.

The basic code is in the Pending sheet:
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)   Dim pic As Picture
   Dim varPic
   If Not Intersect(Range("B38"), Target) Is Nothing Then

On Error Resume Next
      Me.Pictures("SigPic").Delete
      On Error GoTo 0

If Len(Range("B38").Value) > 0 Then
         varPic = Application.VLookup(Range("B38").Value, Sheet3.Range("Pictable"), 2, False)
         If IsError(varPic) Then
            MsgBox "Name does not match a signature name"
         Else
            Sheet3.Pictures(varPic).Copy
            Me.Range("B35").PasteSpecial xlPasteAll
            Me.Pictures(Me.Pictures.Count).Name = "SigPic"
         End If
      End If
   End If
End Sub

then just need to correct the picture names and employee names in the table and redefine the pictRange.

"solved"

JoePublic,

This worked perfectly!

Thank you so much for your help! You have saved me on this one!

Back