Values not the same in Data and Pivot Table

stellenero

Reaction score
Hello, I am making an excel spreadsheet to track time and I have made a pivot table to show amount of overtime per pay period. However, when I filter by "Pay End Date" it shows me every single day of the year, even though in my data I have only entered certain dates. How do I get it to show only the dates I have entered in the data and not every single day of the year?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pay end.JPG
    Pay end.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 15
  • PivotFilter.png
    PivotFilter.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi,

I think it's better to share your workbook or a simple of it to better understand your question.

I'm sorry I can't post the document as it contains confidential information - but as you can see in the two screengrabs I posted... the first one is my list of "Pay end" dates so these dates only occur once every two weeks. But when I filter by this "Pay End" field on the pivot chart it gives me individual days (see second attached pic). Also, my dates start in July but the filter is showing Jan 1.

Hi
Possibly your original data contains such dates but could have been deleted. The Pivot cache may still contains the information.
You can try doing this:
1) Right-click your Pivot Table and select PivotTable Options
2) Select the Data tab and under Number of items to retain per field select None
3) Click OK and then refresh your Pivot Table.
This will clear the cache off the old items.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back