Questionnaire output

DickyMoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have the attached file as an output from an online questionnaire. I would like to transform it to use in Power Pivot / Power BI.

The difficulty is that the column headers are not consistent all the way down. Does anyone know how I might approach this? Should I try to treat each section separately and unpivot each, then recombining them? If so, I'm not sure how to do that...

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks
Rich

Attachments

• Questionnaire.xlsx
    21.2 KB · Views: 15
hey! I tried creating a solution, but quickly found out that I'd would require A LOT of time in order to create one. The main issue here is that the headers are not consistent across the file. Some talk about how satisfied are you and the others are about "the course benefits". This implies that you'd need to make a query that would work on a per segment basis, that is, every time we find an specific segment then work based on that and once we finally understand how many segments we could have, then create the needed functions that would work on those segments and then append the outputs created.

If the questionnaire is static, you might want to work based on the fixed positions of each set of questions and do the unpivot based on that.

Sorry that I couldn't be of much help.

Okay, thanks for taking the time to look Miguel.

I was really hoping to create a nice Power BI report from this, but was a bit shocked when I opened the data file!

Back