PDA

View Full Version : Return a min value greater than previous min value

KevinSid
2016-08-15, 03:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone could assist in providing a formula (preferably not using VBA as i am not well versed with VBA) to return the min value greater than the previous min value or the smallest value greater than the previous smallest value.

I have a list of vehicles that I need to control the consumption. The vehicle kmís that are entered are totally random in that the kmís are only entered on the days that each specific vehicle fills up with fuel. I need the spreadsheet to return the last reading of that specific vehicle so that I can determine that kmís traveled.

I have tried using a array formula with min to but it returns the min value of the entire list applicable to that vehicle and not the min value greater than that last min or smallest value but greater than previous smallest value.

I would be most appreciative if you could advise of how I can achieve this with an excel formula, preferably not VBA.

I have attached a file with the sample data, please show solution in the file so that I can review to understand.

Pecoflyer
2016-08-15, 04:52 PM
Perhaps =AGGREGATE(15;6;(1/($B$6:$B$17=B6))*$C$6:$C$17;2) entered in E6 and pulled down