Linking excel data to an excel calendar

ebrown

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm trying to develop a content calendar with two views: a calendar view on one worksheet and a list view on another. I'd like to import the title of the content given in the "List" sheet (column C in the attached list view) based on the publish date (column A in attached list view) into the "Calendar" sheet. I want the title of the piece to appear in the calendar worksheet (worksheet 1) in the cell corresponding to a given date.

So, for example, if value A2 in the attached List sheet is 01/2/17 and value C2 in the List sheet is "How to Use Excel," I'd like the value "How to Use Excel" (C2) to appear in the cell designated as January 1, 2017 in the Calendar worksheet (B4). The ultimate goal is to have a detailed and sortable list of content for the whole year, but also to have an easy-to-digest and visual display of basic information without having to manually transfer information and/or updates as the publication dates and content titles change throughout the year.

Is this feasible within Excel? Please let me know if my description is unclear and I'll do my best to restate it, and thank you in advance for your time.

Views of each worksheet are attached for reference.

Attachments

• Calendar sheet.PNG
    Calendar sheet.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 14
  • List sheet.PNG
    List sheet.PNG
    24.9 KB · Views: 16
I doubt that someone would waste his time on your question.
Maybe, You put here your attachment file with the expected results.

Back