Dynamic Data Validation Lists, Toggling between Languages

dabrot791

Reaction score
Hi there,

First I just want to thank all you awesome members out there. Through your assistance with others, I have learned a lot about excel.

Now, to the problem.
I am working on a bilingual file and want to display the results dependant upon the language selected.
I have a drop down selection list set up through data validation. When the drop down is selected, it displays according to the language selected, with this formula
=IF(Lang=x,lista,listb)
However, if I change the language after selecting an item from the dropdown, the preselected item does not change according to the language. I need this to change because I have other cells referencing this cell as a lookup value. I also need this input cell to be the active cell... in otherwords, I can't use a dummy cell somewhere else and reference to it. What can I do to make this dropdown change?

Any help with this is great!
For reference, I am using Excel 2010.

Please see attached file.

Attachments

• dynamicdatavalidation.xlsx
    14.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Just an update on this issue. I have found a solution here, in case anyone is interested in the future. Thank you for all of your help in reducing my excel ignorance.

Wow, ok, can't provide link due to low post count. You'll have to add the missing pieces as needed.

excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/1151017-newbie-help-needed-vba-to-search-for-cell-and-replace-value

Back