Want to be able to delineate a table based upon a slicer

Eric Landry

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a table of data with a bunch of stock tickers in a column with each having an associated metric in another column (say, P/E). I want to build a pivot table so that I can have a slicer with several different levels (ie 10,15,20,25,30,etc). When I click one of the buttons on the slicer, say 15, only the tickers with aP/E of less than 15 are displayed, along with the P/E ratio.

I tried using an unconnected table with the levels, then doing an "if" statement in a calculated column on the ticker table and using the "max" function with filter(), but can't get it to work. So my question is, is there a way of making the "if" statement dynamically change based upon what's selected on the slicer? Or should I do it another way, perhaps with a measure?

There should be an easy way, I assume, but my inexperience with Powerpivot is a hindrance.

Thanks

I think you were on the right track with the disconnected table and slicer. Sometimes it's easier to see it in action and dissect it. Let me know if the attached example helps.

Attachments

• PowerPivot_Disconnected_Slicer.xlsx
    137.9 KB · Views: 17
Back