Multiple table in PowerPivot with PowerQuery

Harry111

Reaction score
Hi Ken,

I am working on one project which require same data source but cut slightly 4 to 5 times.

I have started use Power Query now and know that I can create connection to source data from Power Query and then link it to Power Pivot.

My question is now that is it possible to wash and transform data inside only one Power Query (with diff. steps) and some of those steps from Power Query link to 5 tables in Power Pivot table.

so when I refresh Power Query it refresh only once and update 5 to 6 tables inside Power Pivot.

I have done it already with 5 seperate Power Queries but when I am trying to refresh data it refresh 5 time.

Thanks.

Harry

For sure you can.

Create your main query that does the majority of the collection/transformation work. You should do as much as you can here as is common to all the outputs. Mark this query as Connection Only. Then:

In either the Workbook Queries pane or in the Power Query Explorer window (left side of the PQ interface), right click the query and choose "Reference". That will create a new query that points at the previous query.

What will happen at refresh is that the initial "Staging" query will be refreshed, and then all subsequent queries will update from that.

Back