Power Query - Users unable to download workbook due to data source error

Jdiya

Reaction score
I am having trouble allowing others to refresh the workbook I created. The users are getting an error message, "[DataSource.Error] Could not find a part of the path (local file path)". The excel files are currently associated to my local drive. I'm thinking this is the reason why others who have access to the shared folder are unable to download the workbook. I'm new at Power Query and love what it can do for me, but could not for the life of me figure this out.

If you built it against a file path that you have access to but they don't, that would do it. Even if it's called something else on their side, it would cause this issue. I could take a look at the M code if you'd like to post it, but that would be my guess.

If you stored the data files in a location that they have access to, you shouldn't see this issue.

I misspoke when I said local drive because that generally refers to my computers c drive. What I meant to say was the data files are located in a shared network folder that we all have access to. I mapped the network drive on my computer under the O drive where others might have it under a different letter drive. Could that be the issue? It's taking awhile for me to upload the M code saved on a txt file but is this what you're looking for? Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("O:\TDBU4\Catalina Operations\DP&S\Projects\Gas\GIS Inititative\1 - Project Management\01 - Controls\Cost Tracker - GIS.xlsx"), null, true), Or do you need to take a look at the entire code? It's really long. Thanks!

Don't need the entire code, and yes, you hit the nail on the head. In order for this to work, they would also have to have mapped the o: drive to the same path.

What you might want to try is changing the file path in the code to the UNC path.

\\servername\sharename\TDBU4\...

I think that should work provided you can determine the correct server/share name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the issue. It's working for me now. Thank you so much!

Back