Rudi

Reaction score
Website
www.eileenslounge.com
Excel Version(s)
Excel 365 ProPlus
Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance.

Can anyone inform me what is the latest version of PQ for Excel 2016 Professional Plus? I am currently using 2.25.x and do not know of any further updates of this version of Office. I know Office 365 and Office 2013 have the latest versions which is at 2.30.x. It is really frustrating to know that I am on the latest Office version, yet the built in PQ module is months behind other friends of mine who are on Office 2013 with the PQ addin.

Do I honestly have to move over to Office 365 to keep up to date with this amazing tool or will the stand alone version of Excel 2016 have an update to bring us on to par with 2013 and 365?

Please correct me or point me to the updates if I have missed anything.
TX

Hi Rudi,

Yeah, this is a bit confusing, and I'll see if I can get a bit more definitive answer than this but...

The intent of Microsoft is to deliver constant updates to the Office365 product, and this is one of the defining pieces that makes it worth paying the subscription, rather than buying a perpetual version. So yes, Office365 will always get the new bits MUCH faster than you are going to get them in what we call the MSI version (locally installed version) of Office that is not on subscription.

The most confusing part here is the fact that the old Power Query addin for 2010/2013 continues to get enhanced while the standalone version of 2016 does not. I believe you will see updates, but I honestly couldn't say how soon. In order to get the newest bits as soon as they are released, you want to be on the O365 plan.

Ken,

Thanks for the confirmation.
Much appreciated.

Keep up the great work on your blog and trust the trip to NZ for the conference was GREAT!!
You didn't by any chance do any bungy jumping are a haka are anything wild like that!!! LOL! :humble:

Back