Using the Data Model for Distinct Count Summarized Value

KrisKey

Reaction score
Hello! I am putting together dashboards for my department and am having some trouble with the Data Model. I used the Data Model for the sole purpose of the Distinct Count summarized value as much of the data I am working with needs to be summarized without duplications, which is what was happening with the Count summarized value. However, the data that is connected to the data model does not refresh when new data is added. I have tried to refresh it the good ol' fashioned way as well as refreshing them using the Connections feature in the data tab. What I realized is that the connection listed under the data model is from an old version of the dashboard with a different name. Because I am doing this work as a consultant, I had to do the work on my personal computer and then transfer it to the company's network. I'm wondering if when I either renamed the document or moved it, that the data remained connected to the old document on my PC and won't refresh based on the new document. Is there a way to change this in the data model? I know so little about it and am having a hard time figuring it out through reading other threads. Trying to avoid rebuilding this if humanly possible.

Thanks for your help!

Have you tried going to Data|Edit Links and see if the link shows up there, and if you can update it there?

Back