Fill row if data has duplicate on another sheet

elmer_fudd

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Im new to this forum. Im usually pretty good with excel and can figure it out or find an answer on the forums. But this one has stumped me for hours upon end.

I have two sheets. One is a contact list id like to use as a database, the other is a task list. I would like to type a company name on the task list and the rest of the columns be filled in from the contact list. Possibly have both cells hyperlinked to each other.

Contact list sheet i have the columns, C=Company, D=Contact,E=Address,F=city,G=zip with data rows starting at 7
This is where all my contacts are.

Task list i have the same columns but starting at B, B=company, D=Contact etc. with data rows starting at 7

I would like to type a name in the task list e.g.
if i type Acme brick into B7 (first cell) i want it to look up acme brick in the column tblCustomerContacts[[#Headers],[Company]] and if it matches a value in that column. then to 'copy, Paste' Columns D:G into C7:F7 on task list sheet.

This would be so much easier if i could post pictures lol

Is it possible to create a "two-way" Hyperlink from duplicate contacts???

Attachments

• contact.JPG
    contact.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 16
  • task list.JPG
    task list.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 12
  • formulaa&A.JPG
    formulaa&A.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 10
  • formulafill.JPG
    formulafill.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
Hey everyone! Im new to this forum.
Welcome
If I understood you well, you can use VLOOKUP formula
Code:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B2;contact!$B$2:$F$9;COLUMN(B$1);FALSE);"")

BTW: Pay attention, you may need as a separator of arguments formula use a comma (,) instead of a semicolon (; )
Copy formula to Notepad and with Find/Replace change semicolon to comma

See attach

Attachments

• elmer_fudd-navic.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 5
Back