missing drop down list data

steve091

Reaction score
Good day. I have made a main data table with drop downs and 3 separate lists, all in the same workbook. These lists have 7 columns and the rows are continually growing. I have these linked with drop downs on the main data table so when I select a line and click on the drop down arrow the first column of the list shows and I select what I need and the other cells for that selection populate the list. All works fine when I click on the drop down arrow and I select what I need and the other 6 cells in the row populate. The problem is on two of the lists I have got to certain points, past certain rows, eg. row 24, 25 and now the only data that shows up is the first cell of the row and the other 6 cells of the row do not populate the rest of the row on the main data table. The third list seems not to have this problem and I have looked at everything I can find to see if there are any discrepancies between it and the other two, but nothing. I am sure it's not a data validation problem as I have delete the lists in the name manager and have redone them more than once. I have actually deleted everything from the name manager and there is no change, the lists and main data table are still linked, ???? Oh and also, I don't know why but it is a problem with these certain rows. I put an "A" in front of the first cell of the list and sorted the list. In the drop down this item moved to the top of the list and when I selected it all data populated so there is something wrong with the link between those rows of the main data table and the rows of the list. If anyone has any idea what might be going on here I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Impossible to say without a look at a version of your file.

Back