Problems making VBA code to create start, pause & resume command

shaunb84

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using Excel 2007 to try and create a spreadsheet that tracks a person's time at work by using a series of start, pause and resume command buttons.

When an employee starts I want to be able to press a start button that counts and shows in another cell the calendar weeks said employee has been working (so far I have only been able to get my start button to count the time in seconds not weeks!).

I also need to be able to press a pause button if the employee is on holiday or sick that will stop the counting of the weeks until the employee returns to work, then I would like to be able to press the resume button to carry on counting the calendar weeks.

I have tried everything I can think of and tried searching the web, but I can't find anything to help me. I'm not even sure any more if this can be done. I would be eternally grateful for any help you can give me as my brain now hurts from the past week of trying to do this!

If I haven't made any sense, please feel free to ask for clarification!

Thanks

Hi there,

I don't understand why you're going VBA for this... This routine is going to run for weeks at a time?

Why not track the start/end times in a simple Excel grid. You could then use a formula to work out your calendar weeks and sum them up. Would be a lot easier for someone to maintain later, and would avoid issues with someone forgetting to press the button too...

Back