Chart Assistance required please

Enslin

Reaction score
Hi there,
I hope you can assist me with the following query.
I want to use Excel to graphically illustrate to my bosses how a typical work day is sent.
My current situation: A quick background to understand my request.
Our boss owns two companies & I have a handful of tasks I need to complete daily for each.
Both companies are very demanding & I need a way to capture how my time is spent.
The easiest way to get my point across would be a % pie chart of my time.

Essentially I need two pie charts, one showing overall company time.
The second pie chart will need to show a “type” breakdown of what the above % consist of.
Support, Training, Implementation, Projects etc.

I imaged the I need flowing & I am just not able to get it right the pie chart right
Below is a breakdown of the columns I envision I need.

Time Start Time End Company Task Type Task Description

As I get tasks I want to assign it to the appropriate company, enter the task type & description.

I need pie chart one to add all company 1 & company 2 events to illustrate what % of my time is spent on which company.
Let’s say pie chart 1 showed overall I spent 40% of my time on Company A.
I now want pie chart 2 to show that Company A’s time can now further be analysed & show how much of that time is spent on training, support, projects etc.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Kind Regards
Enslin

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. Do you happen to have a table with data in it? If you gave us some data, then we could start you on the path to charting it.

Personally I'm a bigger fan of bar charts than pie charts, but we can help you build either.

You can upload a workbook by going into the Advanced options.

You can also use line chart to display how your time is spent.Allocation of time of period of days will be better visible in line chart is my view

Back