collapse/expand (blank)

red fuji

Reaction score
i am trying to utilize a Pivot Table to indenture a Bill of Material. I am not really interested in Summing Values. I just want a clean setup. I like the expand/collapse feature and i find it very useful for the purpose. the problem i encounter is this...
1, (blank) in empty cells.
2. + - for cells that are not expandable/collapsible;there is nothing to expand/collapse. if i am going to hand a file like this to a customer they might think there is data missing when they click the +- and it is not a very clean setup.
i researched the subject but found nothing suitable. I really don't want to go about solving it using workarounds. certainly there must be a better way... how can i do this in a more professional way. the actual file is bigger than this. Thanks!

Attachments

• pivot sample.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 12
Here are three examples on the three sheets in the attachment.
Note that the shading or font colour for n/a is via conditional formatting.
You can of course use white font colour to hide the n/a or change n/a in the table to any other value you want to display. Leaving it a blank cell in the table will however always show (blank) in a pivot.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

View attachment 3457

Here are three examples on the three sheets in the attachment.
Note that the shading or font colour for n/a is via conditional formatting.
You can of course use white font colour to hide the n/a or change n/a in the table to any other value you want to display. Leaving it a blank cell in the table will however always show (blank) in a pivot.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

View attachment 3457
Rudi,
thanks much; i guess there is no way to get rid of the expand/collapse for the empty cells :)

Back