Pivot Table Relationship displaying incorrect Time Value

REDsinceKEV

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this forum (forums in general tbh) and I've got a Pivot Table (PT) problem that I can't figure out.

I have 2 tables and I want to build a PT relationship between them to pull in a value. I can then compare the values against each other.

I have scaled down the TBL data for illustration purposes. You can see TBL 1 displaying the PT data (custom filtered). However, TBL 2 (which is not a PT) contains static values that I need to pull into the PT. The problem I face is that the static value gets 'summed' or 'counted' when dropped in the 'values' quadrant of the PT - I suspect due to inherent PT core functionality - what PTs are designed for!

Is there anyway around this? I need to remain within the PT functionality, as the data needs to remain dynamic (like a data model) so copying the data out into another TBL will not work, as links to other TBL data will be severed.

Hopefully someone has a solution?

Attachments

• PT displays incorrect time value.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 5
Did you try dropping the values column into the Rows Area instead of the Summing Area?

Did you try dropping the values column into the Rows Area instead of the Summing Area?

Thanks for the reply. No didn't try this (obvious to me now)....let me have a play as it may be sufficient for what I need. Looks like the static values are intact this way, so now just investigating why some Technician Names are no longer displaying in the table - they have values and are not removed via filtering so should be visible.

Thanks for your help with this - much appreciated.

Back