Make chart doesn't always work in Excel97

Allanx

Reaction score
Unable to use Charts in Excel 97. Never had this problem before. I highlight the cell data, click Chart icon and follow instructions as I have for years. Get crazy results.

Here is an example of my problem.
This is the data in Text cell format, which I use about 90% of the time, have had no problem with this format before.
Tried to insert a jpg image here. Couldn't do it.
This is the chart I get. Tried to insert a jpg image here. Couldn't do it. THIS IS MY FIRST USE OF THE FORUM. FOR SOME REASON I AM UNABLE TO MAKE THE ENTER KEYWORK, SO I CAN ADD MORE TEXT. ALSO, I TRIED TO INSERT 2 JPG IMAGES USING THE ABOVE INSERT IMAGE OPTION, BUT IT DID NOT WORK. I NEED SOME HELP ON HOW TO USE THIS FORUM. THANKS.

Hi Allan

If you click on Reply, and then at the bottom left of the screen you click Go Advanced, you will see a more comprehensive toolbar above the area where you are typing.
If you click on the Paperclip, you will see you have the option for uploading files.
Click Add files
Select the files on your computer and click Upload

Still won't work

Roger, I did use the Go Advanced version in my first Send. I am using it now. My ENTER key will still not work here, so I am unable to move down a line (no problem anywhere else). Also, when I click on the Insert Image icon in the above Toolbar an Insert Image screen appears with a From Computer option, which I used. I then clicked on the Select Files and nothing happens.

Back