Testing with normal user rights

XLGUser

Reaction score
So... can I post here?

How about with a picture?
IMG_0331.jpg

Just if anyone is curious here, that is Zack Barresse on the left, and myself on the right at the 2009 MVP summit.

Thanks for this Ken, anything to get away from that awful MSFT site.

This is what I was doing whilst you were summiting...
DSC00095.JPG

@Ken: Ha! I forgot about that picture. Good times. :)

@Ed: Beautiful!!!

Ed,
It sounds very nice to me :) How easy is it to travel the Island? I have some memory that the number of visitor is restricted due to the fauna and the animals.

Tasmania is an island, also an Australian State (its a little larger than Vest Virginia). Pretty easy to travel there - once you get to Australia that is :)

The Overland Track is in the Cradle Mountain national park, and visitor numbers are indeed restricted. Book about six months in advance to be sure you can get in on your preferred days.

Access is by foot only and there are two options; go in on your own and carry tent, food, and clothing, or use cradlehuts.com.au.

The latter option allows you to stay in privately run huts each night, these are fairly basic, but you do get a hot shower and decent food - feels like real luxury by the end of the walk.

BTW the pic is Mt Oakleigh (not Oakley). It may be hard to make out, but that is a 2000 foot drop just below me.

Back