Filtering a spreadsheet that is basically a calendar

zazu71

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me, please.

I have a spreadsheet with three columns that filter easily and have text data within the cells. After that I have columns depicting 12 months row 1, month name, row two date 1-28, 30 or 31, row three days of the week.

I enter the date as follows, region, country, organisation then fill the cells with the days of the month I require basically ending up looking like a gantt chart. It is designed to show at a glance where there are gaps and/or overlaps in capability.

So now to my problem:

I can filter the first three columns to show the picture of region; country; org and it automatically shows the dates.

What I want to do is filter by month only that would show all detail of the regions; country and org...is that possible? Ihave had a look at pivot tables but the cells do not have data in them only filled with colour to depict the org.

Can anyone help me, please? I may be barking up the wrong tree and it is not possible and am wasting my time. All help gratefully received!

Nicky

zazu - this is a little bit hard to conceptualize. If you upload a sample spreadsheet using the 'Go Advanced' button below, I'll take a look

Back