Filtering Problem for Combined Cells

han77729

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm trying to do a filter on a spreadsheet where I have multiple columns and rows. (duh) So the problem is that on some rows and columns I have just a single cell, which is fine.. but some columns I have multiple rows as one row. I honestly don't even know how to explain this.. so please view the attached spreadsheet for example.

When I try to filter, there was no problem with the headers BUT it does not pick up the second row of dates within that row.. if that makes sense. If I filter it by aircraft.. how can it pick up both of the dates. If there's not solution for this, is there an alternative?

Thanks as always,

View attachment Filter:Merging Cell.xlsx

Assistant Needed

Can someone assist please?

Thanks,

Hello All,

I'm trying to do a filter on a spreadsheet where I have multiple columns and rows. (duh) So the problem is that on some rows and columns I have just a single cell, which is fine.. but some columns I have multiple rows as one row. I honestly don't even know how to explain this.. so please view the attached spreadsheet for example.

When I try to filter, there was no problem with the headers BUT it does not pick up the second row of dates within that row.. if that makes sense. If I filter it by aircraft.. how can it pick up both of the dates. If there's not solution for this, is there an alternative?

Thanks as always,

View attachment 1027

It's because of the merged cells, you need to get rid of them and repeat the values for all applicable rows.

Back