?Locking Cell?

Samlint

Reaction score
Select the cell in column A below your headings, and use

View>Freeze Panes

sorry if I crossed posted, not sure what that means.

Thanks for the reply Bob, but I am not looking to keep the column headings at the top of the page. I am importing an excel file into CAD and only 75 rows fit on each page(CAD). In CAD I can import rows 1-75 then 76-150(so I retype my column headings at row 75).The problem is that I add and delete rows all the time which causes the column headings to shift up and down. This causes me to have to reformat where my column headings appear....I was hoping I could find a way around this.

Hi Samlit,

Here's some info on the cross/multi forum posting, and what our board policy is: http://www.excelguru.ca/forums/faq.php?faq=crossposting#faq_crossposting_details

Personally, I'd set up with the frozen panes, as Bob described, then just use VBA to insert column headings for export when needed. With another VBA routine, you could remove those rows when not needed as well. (There's no other way to freeze the headings as you described.)

Thank you, I am/was coming to the same conclusion, can't be done.

Can't be done as you originaly specified, but with VBA you can get it to serve you what you need for export. I wouldn't discount it entirely.

Back