Pivot Table Won't Update

han77729

Reaction score
All,

I'm an absolute excel noob comparing to you guys. I have a worksheet load of data that are categorized (ex: Part number, part type, application, region etc). I created a pivot table using that data in the same workbook and life is all fine. But when I'm trying to update the database again, I tried to copy and paste it right over or delete everything and paste in new datas my pivot table won't update. I would see the new updated worksheet with all the right numbers but my pivot table is not picking it up.

Please help.

Thanks,

Did you delete all rows that the PivotTable was pointed at? My guess would be that you probably deleted the reference that the PivotTable was using to pick up it's info.

What version of Excel are you using? If you're in 2007 or higher, I'd suggest that you make an Excel table with headers, paste your data below the header, then make sure the table covers all the data. Base your PivotTable off that.

When you need to update, you just delete all the data below the header row (this will preserve the reference from the PivotTable to the Table), and then paste the data below the headers and ensure the table covers it all.

Did you delete all rows that the PivotTable was pointed at? My guess would be that you probably deleted the reference that the PivotTable was using to pick up it's info.

What version of Excel are you using? If you're in 2007 or higher, I'd suggest that you make an Excel table with headers, paste your data below the header, then make sure the table covers all the data. Base your PivotTable off that.

When you need to update, you just delete all the data below the header row (this will preserve the reference from the PivotTable to the Table), and then paste the data below the headers and ensure the table covers it all.

Apologies for the late reply. I am using 2007. I did resolve the problem thanks to your help!

Back