Slimming Chart Query

dahowarduk

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
In column A (say) cells A1 to A70 show my target weight over the next 70 days

After 10 days (of slimming!) , my actual weight can be found in cells B1 to B10. The cell values in column B are a calculation based on the input of 3 figures i.e. my weight in stones, pounds and ounces, all converted to stones. (NB 16 ounces = 1 pound ~ 14 pounds = 1 stone)

So I have a chart showing A1 to A70 and B1 to B10, which works fine.

However, tomorrow I will want my chart to show A! to A70 against and B1 to B11, and so on.

I can change the chart by manually editing the Data Source information..but this is a pain!

How can this be achieved automatically?

Hi dahowarduk,

You can create a chart using the offset function and it will get what you desire.

Steve=True

Don't know about the offset function...can you explain further...thanks

Depending on what sort of chart you are using, but I cannot see why you don't just setup the chart with the whole range, A1:B70, the future values will not show unil entered.

Depending on what sort of chart you are using, but I cannot see why you don't just setup the chart with the whole range, A1:B70, the future values will not show unil entered.

Column B is a calculation to convert stones ~ pounds ~ ounces into stones. Each cell in column B is calculated via an if statement which says if any data then work out my weight in stones, otherwise where there is no data the cell contents are zero. So doing what you say shows loads of zero values for where I have no data.

Test it for no data and load NA() if so.

Back