merging 2 databases together

harrypotter

Reaction score
I want to merge 2 excel databases based on the first column (called ''ticker''). To make it complicated, some tickers have a slightly different format in the 2 files (for example Alza Corp is called "AZA" in the first sheet and "AZA.1" in the second sheet, these have to be merged). To make it even more complicated, the sheets have a different amount of rows and some companies that are in one sheet are not in the other and the other way around. I have pasted a small part of the total database in the attachment. The columns 'firm_id' and 'numblks' from sheet 1 have to end up next to the column 'Gind', as already done manually for ALZA CORP.

Who can help me?? I have already spent almost 2 days solving this, but become more and more desperate every minute..

I want to merge 2 excel databases based on the first column (called ''ticker''). To make it complicated, some tickers have a slightly different format in the 2 files (for example Alza Corp is called "AZA" in the first sheet and "AZA.1" in the second sheet, these have to be merged). To make it even more complicated, the sheets have a different amount of rows and some companies that are in one sheet are not in the other and the other way around. I have pasted a small part of the total database in the attachment. The columns 'firm_id' and 'numblks' from sheet 1 have to end up next to the column 'Gind', as already done manually for ALZA CORP.

Who can help me?? I have already spent almost 2 days solving this, but become more desperate every minute..

Who can help me?? I have already spent almost 2 days solving this, but become more andmore desperate every minute..

Who can help me?? I have already spent almost 2 days solving this, but become more andmoer desperate every minute..

I wantto merge 2 excel databases based on the first column (called ''ticker''). To make it complicated, some tickers have a slightly different format in the 2 files (for example Alza Corp is called "AZA" in the first sheet and "AZA.1" in the second sheet, these have to be merged). To make it even more complicated, the sheets have a different amount of rows and some companies that are in one sheet are not in the other and the other way around. I have pasted a small part of the total database in the attachment. The columns 'firm_id' and 'numblks' from sheet 1 have to end up next to the column 'Gind', as already done manually for ALZA CORP.

Who can help me?? I have already spent almost 2 days solving this, but become more desperate every minute..

Back