Attempting some timetabling...a friend suggested you might be able to help

Kaos

Reaction score
I have a timetabling issue that I need to deal with and a friend suggested that some Excel gurus might be able to help me out with it.

It is a simple problem, and I could probably spend a few hours doing it manually, but it is something I would like to repeat in the future and it would be great to have some sort of system to do all the hard work for me.

I have 10 locations, and 20 people.

The idea is to have two people at each location, however, each person must be with a different person at the next location.

So in simple terms..

location1, Person1 and Person2
location2, Person3 and Person4
location3, Person5 and Person6

and so on up to 10 locations and 20 people.

Then move them all to the next location, hoping it would look something like this..

location1, Person3 and Person5
location2, Person6 and Person2
location3, Person1 and Person4

It does not matter in what order they go or with whom, so long as at the end of the day, everyone has visited each location and in each location they were with a different person.

Any ideas on how I can set this up, so that it will automatically generate a system, as doing it manually is proving to be quite painful.

Or if excel is not the tool, any suggestions on a tool that can do this would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

I found an Excel spreadsheet called IanBalancedRoundRobin on the web that seems to do it. Google it.

Back