Help With Cubeset / CubeRankedMember

ckcalvins

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
So let's say I wanted to create a cubeset that represents two set expressions... For example, I want a cubeset of all countries in the set. Now, let's say I want the cubeset to represent all countries sorted by gross room nights for a specific dynamic period of time. The goal is to have cubesets that represent the past 7, 14, 21, 28 days so that I can easily see the top countries for each of the 7 day periods for quick week-over-week analysis. I cannot figure out how to get two set expressions into a single cubeset formula which can then be called in order via cuberankedmember. Once I have the ranked countries in order, I can easily input cubevalues to finish it up.

Maybe I'm going about this all wrong? I've watched tons of videos and some reference {} or FILTER, but I have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to get them to work within my data model.

I went back to one of my old workbooks and found this. If I understand you correctly, try to concatenate the two set expressions with a comma and enclose that in parentheses and curly braces.

Code:
=CUBESET("ThisWorkbookDataModel","{([HistogramData].[Group].&[" & B$19 & "],[HistogramData].[Sample].Children)}","Samples")

Note that B$19 is a selection from a dropdown created from the members of [HistogramData].[Group].Children.

Back