Chart Label Positioning

Jonaldo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have created a clustered bar chart and want to show all my data labels at the far right hand side of the graph (all in a column). I've manually moved them all but when I refresh the graph data (using powerpivot slicers) the labels all move again.
Is there a way to fix the labels so they don't move?

Thanks,

J

I don't know that I'm totally following this. Is there any way you could mock up a sample that repros the issue? I'd kind of like to see it in play.

I'm also curious, what versions of Excel and PowerPivot are you running?

I don't know that I'm totally following this. Is there any way you could mock up a sample that repros the issue? I'd kind of like to see it in play.

I'm also curious, what versions of Excel and PowerPivot are you running?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me.

I've mocked up a sample in the attached (hope it works!). With month "7" selected on the slicer the labels all line up where I put them, however when I change the month it goes all funny.

I'm using Excel 2010 and Powerpivot 10.50.2500.0

Thanks,

J

Attachments

• chart_test.xlsx
    130.3 KB · Views: 79
The data labels once manually position will still maintain the related movement with the data point.

You could use code to reposition the data labels or you could add some additional series and put them on the secondary axes.
Set the data labels to the new series to be inside base, which will be a non moving location.

Example View attachment 1058.xlsx

Back