At last, the Power Query update I’ve been waiting for has finally landed in the download site. This is version 2.24, and sets my parameter tables technique back to a working state!
You can download version 2.24 direct from Microsoft’s site by clicking here.
Why is this Power Query Update important?
This Power Query update is pretty important for a few reasons:
- It fixes the issues with the MultipleUnclassified/Trusted error on refreshing parameter tables (as I blogged about here)
- If you’re running version 2.22 it also fixes issues with loading to the data model
Does this Power Query Update have any NEW features?
Of course it does!
- Improvements to ODBC Connector.
- Navigator dialog improvements.
- Option to enable Fast Data Load vs. Background Data Load.
- Support for Salesforce Custom environments in Recent Sources list.
- Easier parsing of Date or Time values out of a Text column with Date/Time information.
- Unpivot Other Columns entry in column context menu.
The big thing to me, though, is the Power Query update fixes the critical bug(s) listed above. If you’re running 2.22 or 2.23 I highly recommend updating. (And if you’re running an older version I’d update too, as there is new functionality released every month.)